Colorado Bluebird Project
To improve the vitality of bluebird populations throughout the State of Colorado, and to inform and educate the public about bluebirds.
- Recruit volunteers to monitor trails that are currently unattended
- Encourage installation and monitoring of new nestbox trails in suitable habitat throughout Colorado
- Encourage year-end reporting of monitoring results to the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology www.nestwatch.org
- Encourage ‘networking’ among bluebird enthusiasts all across Colorado
- Encourage bluebird enthusiasts to join the North American Bluebird Society
- Provide low-cost nestboxes to anyone wishing to install them in suitable habitat and monitor them; both kits and completed boxes are available
- Provide education and access to information to anyone interested in learning about bluebirds
- Provide support to those who want to further the goals of the Project
HOW WE'RE DOING IT
- Matching service to connect volunteer monitors to unmonitored trails
- contact us at: email@example.com for questions, inquiries or comments concerning the Project
- Moderated Google Group, “Bluebird-Babble,” to share experiences, observations, problems, questions, etc., concerning anything of interest about bluebirds.To subscribe:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You don’t need anything in the Subject or the body.
- You’ll get an email reply message that asks you to either reply to that message (stay with me here) or click on the block that says “join this group”.
- Simply hit your email ‘reply’ button and send it.
- You’ll then get a confirmation email that says you’re a member of the bluebird-babble group.
- Free, one-hour program for any group interested in establishing a nestbox trail that covers basics of the birds’ natural history including nesting, incubation and fledging cycles; predator and problem controls; and guidance for installing, monitoring and reporting results for a nestbox trail
- Construct nestboxes for sale to the public in either kit or preassembled form – proceeds from the sales fund materials to build more nestboxes and also support Denver Audubon programs
- Maintain this website to provide information and access to more comprehensive links, the Project’s email and listserv addresses