|Job Title: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Part-Time/Non-Exempt: 20 hours/week
Reports To: Executive Director
About Denver Audubon
Founded in 1969, Denver Audubon is an independent chapter of the National Audubon Society. We are a conservation and education organization with the mission to inspire actions that protect birds, other wildlife, and their habitats through education, conservation, and research. We connect people to nature in our metro Denver community. Denver Audubon conducts formal and informal programs in schools, local parks, libraries, and in partnership with other organizations. We also offer field trips and adult education programs (Beginning Birdwatching, Audubon Master Birder, Audubon Naturalist Training, and Birding Insights). Our Conservation Committee works with the legislature and other environmental organizations on key issues affecting birds, other wildlife, and habitats. The Lois Webster Fund provides grants for non-game wildlife research and education projects.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator creates and implements communications strategies and marketing campaigns to articulate and advance Denver Audubon, its brand, and mission. These activities will be designed to broaden the scope and effectiveness of Denver Audubon’s supporter/donor and volunteer cultivation, as well as fundraising initiatives. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director.
The essential functions listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed; the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to be completed by the position.
· Publications & Materials: Write and design communications materials using Denver Audubon’s brand assets and voice. These include annual appeal letters, annual report, fact sheets, flyers, events and promotions materials, and others as needed.
· Website: Work with staff and volunteers to update and maintain links, pages, and content. Lead the creation of a Denver Audubon online newsletter and blog as an effective and dynamic tool for connecting with volunteers, donors, and other constituents.
· Social Media: Manage and grow Denver Audubon’s Facebook page, Twitter profile, and Instagram with a strategic posting schedule, and original and curated content. Engage with followers by responding to comments and generating authentic conversation about Denver Audubon’s programs, events, conservation issues, and initiatives. Track metrics for posts and engagement performance, and analyze results for improved campaigns.
· Email: Manage and grow Denver Audubon’s email subscriber database, its e-newsletter, and email campaigns that amplify Denver Audubon’s programs, events and projects. Use advanced segmentation of email groups and insights to understand subscriber behavior and improve engagement and reach. Create emails specific to donors to inform about Denver Audubon’s programs and accomplishments.
· Content Creation: Working with staff and volunteers, collect and share original, compelling, human-interest stories using visual assets like video and photography, in addition to strong writing. Develop a content editorial calendar to organize content, and use it strategically across Denver Audubon’s media channels.
· Marketing: Work with Denver Audubon staff and volunteers to develop and implement marketing campaigns for the organization’s priority programs, events, and fundraising initiatives, strategically implementing communications channels with compelling storytelling.
· Supporter Activities and Special Events: Oversee marketing of annual fundraising events including Denver Audubon Fall Gathering, Spring Benefit, and other relationship cultivation and donor recognition events.
· Media Outreach: Opportunity to assist the Executive Director with developing new opportunities for broadcast and print media outreach. Review press releases, op-eds, and letters to the editor about timely issues and Denver Audubon programs, fundraising, or events promotions.
· Internal Communications: Contribute to the development of Denver Audubon’s strategic plan, focusing on the broader vision, goals, benchmarks, and measurement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential and marginal job duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Qualifications and Prerequisites
Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, early mornings, and weekends. Must be willing to travel locally as the job requires. Must have a valid Driver’s License. Denver Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Simple IRA, Flexible Schedule, Partially Remote Work
How to Apply (Deadline January 22, 2021)
Submit resume and letter of introduction via e-mail to: Karl Brummert, Executive Director, Denver Audubon, email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org