fri17jun5:00 pm7:00 pmAdult Workshop- Botanical Illustration in the GardenLook at our gardens through the lens of an artist and indulge in your curiosity of illustration with botanical illustrator Charlotte Ricker.5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Denver Audubon Nature Center, 11280 Waterton RdEvent Type :WorkshopAdmission:Paid
(Friday) 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Denver Audubon Nature Center
11280 Waterton Rd
Botanical Illustration in the garden Curious about drawing plants? Join botanical illustrator, Charlotte Ricker for field sketching in the Audubon gardens. We will focus on nurturing your sense of
Botanical Illustration in the garden
Curious about drawing plants? Join botanical illustrator, Charlotte Ricker for field sketching in the Audubon gardens. We will focus on nurturing your sense of curiosity and developing observational drawing skills, using graphite and colored pencil to bring our illustrations to life. Sitting still in nature often allows us to be truly present with our surroundings and can bring unexpected surprises, such as birds and insects who show up to feed on, or hide in native plants.
What to bring:
- Sketchbook (recommended: 9×12 with spiral binding so you can open it flat on your lap)
- Graphite pencils (recommended: 2H, HB and 2B)
- Sharpener (container style that will catch the pencil shavings)
- Eraser (recommended: block style white plastic eraser or pen style like Tombow Mono Zero eraser)
- colored pencils (12-24 colors recommended)
- small, portable chair (optional but helpful for comfort)
- small bag or backpack to carry supplies
- any other drawing materials that you like to work with or would like to experiment with
Drawing By: Charlotte Ricker
- PLEASE NOTE: You must register for this workshop (limit: 15 people) and complete the liability form when you register. Walk-up or impromptu participants will not be allowed. Other requirements are described below.
- By registering for and attending this workshop, you agree to the following:You will self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms, even if you are vaccinated, and use common sense. DO NOT attend if you had recent exposure to an individual with symptoms or confirmation of COVID-19. If you have any symptoms or even suspect you could have COVID-19 symptoms, do not sign up for this workshop.
-Masks Outdoors: Masks are not required outdoors. However, we encourage unvaccinated people to wear a mask when interacting with people outside their household when outdoors and maintain social distancing of six feet.
-Masks Indoors: We strongly recommend everyone, including fully vaccinated persons, wear a mask in all public indoor spaces and maintain social distancing of six feet when interacting with people outside their household.