PLEASE NOTE: You must register for this field trip and complete the liability form when you register. Walk-up or impromptu participants will not be allowed. Other requirements are described
PLEASE NOTE: You must register for this field trip and complete the liability form when you register. Walk-up or impromptu participants will not be allowed. Other requirements are described below.
The walk is a 1.5 mile easy trail. Students should expect to see waterfowl, raptors and many fall migrants! There are also picnic tables available if families would like to picnic afterward. Porta potties are available. Bring water and meet at the Pergola at the west side of the parking lot.
By registering for and attending this field trip, you agree to the following:
– Per CDC guidelines, we encourage high risk individuals to stay at home. High risk people are defined as those 65 or over and those with certain underlying medical conditions that make them more vulnerable. Refer to the CDC guidelines for further information on these conditions.
– Advance registration, including signing of the liability waiver is required. Walk-up or impromptu participants will not be allowed.
– You will self-screen for covid symptoms and use common sense. If you have any covid symptoms or even suspect you could have COVID symptoms, do not sign on for this trip.
– You are responsible for bringing and wearing a mask at all times that covers your nose and mouth, and is preferably NOT a bandana or neck gaiter.
– We require 6 foot social distancing on all parts of the trip. This means that you need to maintain a 6 foot distance between yourself and other trip participants as well as any others that may be using the trails..
– Hand hygiene – bring alcohol-based hand sanitizer for your personal use. Be careful not to get this near your optics as it could affect the protective coatings on optics.
– Please arrive independently. Denver Audubon does not encourage carpooling at this time.
For questions about the birding trip, please contact Graham Ray, trip leader, at 720-375-3640.