thu24sep10:00 am12:00 pmHomeschoolers Family Birding Adventure at Bluff Lake Nature CenterThis Habitats for Homeschoolers birding trip is an easy 1.5-mile walk.10:00 am - 12:00 pm Bluff Lake Nature Center, 11255 E MLK Jr BLVDEvent Type :Habitats for HomeschoolersAdmission:Paid
(Thursday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Bluff Lake Nature Center
11255 E MLK Jr BLVD
PLEASE NOTE: You must register for this field trip and complete the liability form when you register. Walk-up or impromptu participants will not be allowed. Other requirements are described
PLEASE NOTE: You must register for this field trip and complete the liability form when you register. Walk-up or impromptu participants will not be allowed. Other requirements are described below.
This Habitats for Homeschoolers birding trip is an easy 1.5-mile walk. Students should expect to see waterfowl, raptors, and many migratory birds. There are picnic tables available if families would like to picnic afterward. Porta potties are available, and the trip is accessible for those with mobility challenges. We’ll meet at the Bluff Lake Nature Center, 3400 Havana Way, Denver, CO 80239, at 10 a.m.
By registering for and attending this field trip, you agree to the following:
– Per CDC guidelines, we encourage high risk individuals to stay at home. High risk people are defined as those 65 or over and those with certain underlying medical conditions that make them more vulnerable. Refer to the CDC guidelines for further information on these conditions.
– Advance registration, including signing of the liability waiver is required. Walk-up or impromptu participants will not be allowed.
– You will self-screen for covid symptoms and use common sense. If you have any covid symptoms or even suspect you could have COVID symptoms, do not sign on for this trip.
– You are responsible for bringing and wearing a mask at all times that covers your nose and mouth, and is preferably NOT a bandana or neck gaiter.
– We require 6 foot social distancing on all parts of the trip. This means that you need to maintain a 6 foot distance between yourself and other trip participants as well as any others that may be using the trails..
– Hand hygiene – bring alcohol-based hand sanitizer for your personal use. Be careful not to get this near your optics as it could affect the protective coatings on optics.
– Please arrive independently. Denver Audubon does not encourage carpooling at this time
For questions about the birding trip, please contact Graham Ray, trip leader, at 720-375-3640.